Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You just never know. . .

What the mice are up to while the cat's away.  This cat played alot today, having breakfast in
Blaine with my friend who owns Beach Basket Yarns in Birch Bay.  A few stops after, then on to the Wednesday market in Fairhaven and lunch with Jo.
I was amazed to come home to this:

I don't know why I was amazed.  You tell these two you would like something done, and they do it!  Amazing what two 25 yr. olds,  some heavy equipment, and good old Dad (Melissa's) can do in a couple of hours.

This 1940 Pontiac has been housed in a small garage at the front of the property for as long as I have memory of this place.  The last time we drove it was 16 years ago.

Look at those manuevers!  Heavy equipment and lots of patience.  Patience is something I still lack.




So here it sits in it's new home, the clean barn.  Don't ask what I am going to do with it.  I'm just the caretaker.
So, after the car was put to bed, the mice decided to remove some fencing and did some general clean up and hauling away.  WOW!!!  This means more to me than anything.  I cannot even express my gratitude to these guys for helping me in this way.  Melissa, Jacob, Jean and Mike, YOU ROCK.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

That is wonderful and I know you are happy to have it all done!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What good, dear friends you have.

Tangos Treasures said...

Awesome!!!!

andsewon said...

Send those mice my way would ya!!!! Now get that car road ready and drive it on over to East Coast VA! DH would love it!
Hugs!!!

Barb said...

That is just wonderful that there are some people you can just depend on and make your day!

Royce said...

What wonderful mice, and what a wonderful thing to come home to. The car is a beauty. I love seeing old things being taken care of. They need to live on.