Friday, July 29, 2011

Sunriver

Is this a beautiful Bloody Mary, or what?
The kids and I are on vacation in Sunriver, Oregon this week.  While waiting for the Farmer's Market to open, we enjoyed drinks and lunch at the Pine Tavern on Mirror Pond in Bend.
Then when the market finally opened, it took us 17 minutes to make our purchases.  We've decided we are Market snobs, they with the Ballard Market, and me with the Bellingham.
We got fresh summer squash for grilling, fresh greens, and some incredible mushrooms.  I also got some sunflowers and zinnias to brighten up the condo.

Yesterday morning I took an early bike ride on Peggy Sue.  It was soooooooo cold.  I was wearing two sweatshirts but was longing for a pair of alpaca gloves.
Peggy Sue and I stopped to soak in the warmth of the rays.  No one else was out that early to take our picture, so only Peggy Sue is in this one.

Three deer browsing for breakfast.

The porch on the left is our main deck where we keep the bikes, and sit in the Sun.
I was amused by this sign on the front deck of the building.

Yes, I had a pedicure, sitting in a massaging chair.  I fell asleep a couple of times.  It was heavenly.

The boys do the cooking.  Last night Michael, on the right, prepared falafel, tahini sauce, tabouleh and kale salad.  Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.  It was excellent to say the least.

Then Chad and Harry, the two vegans, had their own meal.  Chad was kind enough to share some hummus and peppers with me.

And, Project Runway started it's 9th season last night.  Looks to be a really good one.

So, today my job is to relax some more, while back at the ranch, the mice are busy installing new windows, a new sink and vanity, and caring for my yard and flowers.  God Bless the Mice.