Sunday, July 17, 2011

Catch Up

Let's see, I had a meltdown last week and took off to spend a few days with my brother.  I relaxed, went to garage sales, and took alot of naps.  That, and a couple of delightful dinners with a new "friend" and I am back.
I've hired someone to do the yard work, so that is a major load off of me, and I'm really excited for him to get started tomorrow.



Last weekend was my family reunion held here at the farm.  The weather was lovely, and everyone had a great time.  I counted 35 people at one time, but I know I was way short.  Then you need to add in the dogs.
Above is the floral arrangement I had in the bathtub.  That is my new favorite place to put flowers.  If I can ever access my pictures, I will share my remodel of my rooms with you, but my desktop got infected and crashed.  I think my pictures are the only thing I care about retrieving from that computer. 


A small arrangement on my kitchen sill. 
Officer Burke came down the drive with his lights on, but he was just here to say hi to his wife, my cousin, until he could join us later in the day.

Here is the Motley "Moehring" Crew.  I can actually count myself as shorty in this group.  I'm kneeling on the far right.

Here are the Patriarchs.  My Uncle on the left is:  ???  Well, late 80's.  He is younger than my mom and she would have been 90 this year,.  Then her cousin is on the right and is almost 93.  He is an inspiration to us all.  He had made an 8 foot long family tree that we hung on the fence so everyone could view it.  I'm not really into ancestry, but I have to admit I was impressed.  I prefer to center my love and attention on those who are here with me now.

The next morning, my Mom's cousin (I can never get straight if she is a second cousin, or removed or added or divided) and I enjoyed brunch at my favorite little Italian restaurant in
Deming:  Il Cafe Refugio.
Meanwhile, I am trying to catch up on laundry and put away all the stuff I brought home with me.  It is extensive.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Wow that is a big, long lived, family.
I love your flowers. Hope you have a great week!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'm glad you could get away when you needed to. Wonderful photos of family and flowers. When are we going to do lunch?

Tangos Treasures said...

Glad you could get away & re-group! Love all the pictures! Glad fun was had at the reunion!!
Do tell us about the "new" friend!!

Barb said...

What a fun time that must have been....looks like a great group. Your flowers are wonderful and well...sometimes we need a melt down to just make ourselves relax....you are just a mover and shaker and sometimes we need rest....take care of yourself!!

andsewon said...

Lovely flowers!!!I totally understand meltdowns! What a wonderful group!!!I envy folks their large extended families! Mine is tiny though DH has a lot of cousins!
Loved the pics!

Pat said...

I'm glad you were able to go to your brother's and regroup (even if those eagles were disturbing your naps)!!! You surely do have some beautiful flowers. Now.....would you back up and explain the bit about keeping flower arrangments in the bathtub? (Or did I read that wrong??)