Monday, May 9, 2011

A Very Happy Mother's Day

Introducing:  The new Linda.  These blue streaks are affirmations to myself that life goes on and I will survive!  I've had so much fun with this since I got them on Friday, I just might try Magenta next time.

On Saturday, if was my DIL's 30th birthday party, and she celebrated by having a Derby Party at their favorite local bar.  Everyone was to wear a hat.
Here I am in my dull hat, along with my son Michael who engineeered the party.  Yes, that's one beautiful Bloody Mary in my hand.
This is the hat that my DIL made for her mother.  Is it not precious?

This is my DIL's hat.

And this one is for her sister, who loves to bake.
She has an excellent blog:  The Dirty Oven. 
We went to Mother's Day lunch at a Korean restaurant just a couple of blocks from them.  What DEEEEElicious food.
This gem, chosen by our two hosts, was the Hangover Soup.
This was my meal:  Shrimp and Thai basil egg fu Young.


Chad told the chef he was vegan, so he just whipped this up for him.

Afterwards, we toured the Fremont Market and absorbed all of the local goods.

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Love your statement - I'm sure with all your determination you are going to go far - especially with blue hair. :-)

Cute hats at the party!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Love them blue highlights!!!
Sounds like a great birthday!!!

Unknown said...

I recognize the blue hair photo :)

Harmony Hopes Studio said...

Was just checking in to see how you are getting along. Now that I see your rationale for blue streaks, I'm assured you are coming along nicely. You have a wonderful support system.