Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Brief Respite

Looks like we are going to have Spring for a couple of days, which means I have to get some work done, FAST.  First of all, I decided to walk out past the sloughs to see if it was dry enough to move my truck, which I got stuck in the mud three weeks ago.  There it is, still mired.  A few friends have offered to pull me out, but they will just get stuck, too.  I knew better than to drive out there, but I just HAD to get this one chore done on THAT day.  Like I said, I knew better.
On the way back, I shot this picture.  If you look really hard, you can see the 11 alpacas I still have here.  They should be gone in a couple of weeks.  I am going to arrange to be gone when they get transported to Muddy Waters Farm.  I know I can visit them any time I want, and I will, but to actually see them leaving is going to be way too much.
Did I ever show you the potting table I bought at the Craft and Antique show?  It's been getting alot of use.  I'm so happy to have it.
Now I need to go outside and finish my planting.  I've already planted 4 salal, 2 Oregon Grape, 4 Knickknicks and a Witch Hazel.  I'm not sure what is left out there, but they are all getting rootbound from sitting in the rain.
Hasta la Vist, Baby.

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a GREAT potting table! I don't recognize the names of most of those things you planted, though. I can certainly understand your desire to be away from the farm when the remaining alpacas move to their new home, but I'm glad you can visit them, too.

Piecefulafternoon said...

Oh I do like the potting table.

Haven't these past few days been glorious?? And now rain again - speaking of getting stuck - our yard is so soggy that when I went out to fill the bird feeders my shoes got sucked right off my feet in the sloggy lawn - ugh! I want that sunshine back - now!

Hope the truck gets unstuck soon - before it sinks away and never comes back - oh dear.

Let's get together next week sometime - hopefully the sun will shine for us.