Friday, May 6, 2011

It's A Beautiful Day

Those of you who are my age will remember a group who had one album, and one great song:  White Bird by "It's A Beautiful Day".  I love that song.  Hmmm, maybe I can find it and put it on my blog.
Anyhow, it was a beautiful day yesterday.  It was also beautiful today, but I'm going to write about yesterday, since today is another story.


My friend has been house sitting at a very large estate.  She invited me up to spend the night.  We spent the afternoon working on our Mind Maps, then took a walk on the grounds.
This is the view from the deck.  Well, the entire west side of the house.  Gorgeous.

Here is the garden shed and green house.

There are real trout in this pond.  We were feeding them, and you can see where they have been jumping.  We contimplated catching one for dinner, but I knew I would have to kill it.  I quit fishing years ago when my husband informed me I had to kill what I caught.

Pat, these are Trillium.  It's actually a wildflower that grows in the mountains here.

This is a Goodle.  He's a cross between a Golden Retriever and a standard Poodle.  I had fun playing with him, but when I started wrestling him like I used to do with my Tibetan Terrier, he almost took me down.  Well, it cemented our friendship, at least.  In the evening, after a dinner of Nettle Quiche, we watched Black Swan.  I got so worked up watching it, the Goodle came and put his head in my lap to comfort me.
Have you seen this movie?  I loved it.  It's all symbolism, but when she finally found the passion to dance as if she WAS the Black Swan, I was cheering.  Weird but wonderful.
Then, we finished the day with a long soak in the hot tub, under the stars.  I slept well. 

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a fabulous day - fabulous scenery. I'm glad you could get away and enjoy the whole day.

Pat said...

I'm glad you had such a nice day and I appreciate the photo of the trilium....I'd not have known what it was otherwise.

Gene Black said...

Lovely pictures.
I found White Bird
http://youtu.be/NrFCwvlw0cs