Monday, March 7, 2011

Tom Sawyer

Last week I bought two flat screen TV cabinets to set under my windows.  And, I knew my current TV was on the critical list and would not be with me long.  So here we have the living room as I unpacked all the pieces.  My GAWD.  This is when you really need a husband, but I'll bet you anything, Alan would have been really perturbed by this set.  There must have been 3000 little parts to put the 14 pieces of wood together.  I was, of course, following the step by step directions, as a sewer does, when my friend came over.
My goodness, did a tornado come through here?  Oh, shut up and help me then.  So she got involved.

Then Kirk came by to pick up his food wagon that he had left on Saturday.  He and I had some fun going through the old tin shed, oohing and aawing over the old farm equipment, then came inside to see how Cynthia was doing.  Kirk, being a man, just took control, and "they" had it completed in no time.  I just stood back and watched.
Well, I still had the second one to do, so the next day, I started out, with my step by step directions, and I worked on the sucker for an entire day!!!  I still don't have the drawers put together.  In the meantime, my TV broke, as anticipated, and I had to go buy a new one yesterday.  Now my living room is double the mess because I had to set it up, and I still don't have the wires hooked up through the black box and the Wii hooked in.  I bought the Wii and Just Dance to exercise with, but I have yet to use it since I've spent the last week trying to build everything in order to get the @&$%#@ working.


Well.
As you can see, I am frustrated.  Everywhere I turn, there is more work to be done, and just little ole me to do it.  Slow down, one step at a time, one page at a time.
This is a new chapter in my life, and I'm trying to adjust.
Slow and Easy, slow and easy.

3 comments:

Pat said...

AHHH.....I feel badly about this but I also see you answered your own questions. You need to take it one day at a time (and even one hour at a time, if necessary). You'll get there...it just might take you a bit longer than it used to take. It's times like this I wish we lived closer as Gary is good at that and would be more than willing to help you with those things. I am sure, though, that within the next few posts, you'll be showing us everything all set up and in working order!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh the frustration - I can feel it with you. I'll be waiting to see what the outcome is - and I'm sure it will be great.

Barb said...

Slow and easy....step by step.....you will get er done....I hate putting things together and probably would have thrown some items out on the lawn, good thing you had friends to help with the first one....