Friday, March 25, 2011

The Healing Power of Friendship

This skein of yarn says it all.  Smile again!
I just returned from a week at Hood Canal with friends.  Two of them were great buddies in High School, one I have known since I was ten.  The other two I met two years ago and instantly bonded with.  Then the 6th member is owner of a wonderful Yarn shop in Shelton called Fancy Image Yarn.http://fancyimageyarn.com/.  Myra dyes her own yarns and makes up kits using them with an assortment of fun and funky novelty yarns.  I loved her shop, since she loves the color and textures the same as I do.  I think I now own stock in her company, I bought so much.  I will share pictures of her products tomorrow.
I first met Myra when she arrived with these.  The girls call them Tall Fruity Drinks, so that's all I can tell you.  They sure pack a punch!  Myra stayed with us Sunday night, and then asked to stay another night, we were having so much fun.  On Monday, we stayed in our jammies until almost 1PM, when Kris arrived.  By then, Chris and I had pulled on some clothes and had dug some clams for that evening's appetizers.  Dug isn't the correct term to use.  I could have gathered them with my bare hands, but we scratched the surface of the beach with a little claw.
This is what we woke up to each morning.  Across from us is Treasure Island, a magical place, that is about a mile around.  That little bridge is shared by cars and walkers.  I felt like I was in a different world, so quiet and peaceful.


Here's the view in the opposite direction.  We had bright sunny days and spent them enjoying the local scenery, knit shops and artist galleries.
For breakfast one morning, we had build your own omelette.  First you put your eggs in a freezer zip lock baggie.

Then you add any of the cut up goodies you have found in your refrigerator.


Seal the bag and put it in boiling water with the others.

I was impressed!  It was delicous!

And
here I am modeling my hat that I bought from Snooter Doots.  It's me, don't you think?

I will post more pictures and stories as the week goes by.  I have much to tell you, and yarns to show off.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like a well deserved time away. Love the area...and I am going to have to try those omelettes! They look like fun to make.

ooglebloops said...

Looks like much needed fun and relaxation ! Love the make your own omelettes!!
Thought you might like this blog post -http://zentangle.blogspot.com/
hint - there are llamas and alpacas mentioned!

Pat said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. You look really cute in that hat. I've heard about that omelet-making method. It does sound like fun!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh wonderful - and I love your hat. What a grand idea for the omelettes - must try that some time.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your week.

See you in the morning - early :-)

Gene Black said...

I am glad you had a nice enjoyable getaway. I may be just a little jealous. ;-)

andsewon said...

Sounds like a much needed fun time!!Yes that hat is SOOO VERY YOU!

Hugs,
Lola