Thursday, March 3, 2011

Picture Pages

I am back.  We had the memorial celebration last Saturday, and now my life goes on.  I've made it through the fear and anxiety and flashbacks.  I know I have alot of grieving left, but I'm better able to handle it.
So today's post is going to be alot of pictures.  I just want to fill in on all that has transpired.

Two days before the Memorial.


The day before the Memorial.
How Great Thou Art.

George and Gracie explore the pastures.

Somehow I found time to dye some yarns.

The sign in table.  I made this centerpiece using as many fruits and vegetables that Alan grew.  They are arranged in an old milk container from the milk pipeline.


Some of my kids keeping warm under one of the patio heaters.

All the food was provided by friends and family, including freshly made butter from Breckenridge Dairy.  You can see the pen and ink drawing Alan did for his sister.  She brought it to show as a remembrance.


We used the cria creep (a small stall that is rigged so only the babies can get in) for the beer stall.  One of Alan's friends contributed a keg in remembrance of their high school days.  Oh, they were naughty boys!!!!
My friend, Lori, from the Glass Slipper in Ferndale, painted this old cupboard door from our old kitchen.

Kirk from DEvine Gardens in Custer brought his portable food wagon and kept all of the soups warm.  He served up about 350 bowls of chili and corn chowder.  On the right is Gayle, my dear friend who spearheaded the event and ran the kitchen.


Another source of warmth.  We had two fire pits.  This one was frequented mainly by the beer drinkers.  Coffee and cookies were served at the one by the house.


Last by not least, my wonderful brother who has been my rock.  He gave a wonderful service.

That's it.  From now on you will be reading about my crazy life again.  The Market starts in a month.  I bought an electric spinning wheel that will double my production.
Hugs to all for your love and support.

9 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, Linda...I have to tell you I cried when I read this post and clicked on each picture. My heart still aches for what you have gone through, but I am also filled with hope and joy to see the support you have. (And I am happy to hear the sounds of hope in your "voice" on this post.) You are a strong person and I know you will fill your life as full as it needs to be....and we will all be happy to share all the news you post on your blog. Big hugs to you, my friend.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a glorious day for all - though sad it is wonderful to feel the love and hope.

Barb said...

What a lovely service, so many fond memories, family, friends, pictures, it was just great. Thanks for sharing it with us...there will be so many bumps in the road ahead but you seem to be up for it...may the Lord belss and keep you.

ooglebloops said...

Great photos! I couldn't express it better that Pat did. You have quite a support group surrounding you. Glad to see you back in the blog!!!!

Barbara said...

A very heartwarming post, Linda. Thank you for sharing all of it. You have a lovely family. The operative word is definitely "hope". Spring is coming, will be watching for more of you talents!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Welcome back....I am looking forward to reading all about your (mis)adventures and the wonderful pictures, they have been missed greatly.

hugs, hugs, and more hugs.....

Tangos Treasures said...

((((((((((Linda))))))))))
I cried too while reading your post!

Micki said...

What a wonderful service and how heartwarming it was to share it all with you!
Micki

Royce said...

Glad the weather cleared for you. It was beautiful. Your day with family and freinds I'm sure was a great support.