Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Latest




I've been working on getting Networked Blogs to post my blog to Facebook.  For some reason, they stopped, and I can't figure out how to get them to start doing it again.  As I was doing this, I was reading many of my old posts, and got the bug to get this going once again.  I know I have said that several times.  Hmmmm.  I've just had some health issues, and it's hard to write when you don't have something fun to expound on.  Then, the next item was:  Should I remain as Fiberfabrications?  I'm no longer selling my creations or doing Farmers Markets.  But, texture sort of rules my life; in the way I dress, the things I make, decorating my home, and my garden.  So, I guess this is the one for me.  So here I go again.

I have not been idle.  Above are the first two potholders I have made of this style.  Wow!  They are much more complicated than I thought.  I have a friend, Kris, who makes hundreds of these, and each and every one is just perfect.  I have four of her's now, which I use as hot pads and trivets.  I like to hang them on the wall in my kitchen, also.  I definitely have some refining to do.

This is a table runner that I started WAY BACK when I was still on the farm.  So, that would be about three years ago.  I finally finished it up and it is on a hall table.  I love the disappearing nine patch.  It makes it look as if you have done such complicated work.  Hahaha.  I'm really not a very good quilter, so I appreciate that.


Another one I am working on for the bedroom.


Terry and I have done a lot of painting and organizing in the house.  We finally made it to the office, and my goal was to make room for this wonderful map to go on the wall.  This is a classroom map from 1953.  Remember?  It's really interesting to look at, since the countries have changed so much since then.



Above is a needlefelted piece I made back on the farm.  I think that is going to be a regular phrase for me.  Anyhow, this was on a picture I had done, but I decided it would make a nice lapel pin.  I will sew a pin on the back and start wearing it.

That's it for today.  Let's see what Networked Blogs does for me.  If anyone else has had this problem, I'd sure appreciate your advice.

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Occasionally I have to go to Networked Blogs and do a "pull now" to get it to work again.