Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tea for Lavern & Shirley

Yesterday, I had a chance to catch up with my friend Nancy, who is Shirley to my LaVern.  Due to my tumultuous year, we haven't seen much of each other, or gone on any wild advendures together.
She had me over for tea, after I pawed through the remains of her weekend garage sale.  I came away with some very nice items, including a crock pot for the house.  I've ruined all of mine using them for dying fibers.

I'm not much of a tea drinker, preferring my Java in the morning, but we had some DElicious teas to drink.  The Goji tea was so fresh with honey in it.  Then we had Peaceful Feeling.  Oh!  How nice.  I brought some home with me, and plan to drink a cup before bed at night.  I do not sleep well, even with sleeping pills.  Maybe this will help.


There was a basket of breads, including toasted bagels, cinnamon bread, and Dave's Killer Bread.  We slathered the butter, raspberry jelly, salmon spread, and Chipotle cheese spread on the breads as we felt the urge.  It was all wonderful.

This is a little music box that plays Tea for Two.
Thank you Shirley, for a Peaceful, Delicious and  Delightful time.


2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

It is so nice you could get away for a quite tea. Everything looks wonderful.

fabriquefantastique said...

I really must make the effort to have my friends over for tea now that fall is here....