Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Tukwila Trailers


I am so lucky to have the Tukwila Community Center just down the street from us.
They have some amazing activities there, but I will only concentrate on the Tukwila Trailers for now.
This is a group for senior women.  We meet every Monday, regardless of the weather, and head out for a vigorous walk or hike.  I am so lucky.  Ever since I joined them, we've only had two days of inclement weather.  You just dress for it, and carry on.


On the way to Thompson Falls
There are usually 14 of us, a full van load.  Sometimes we have more and have to take a second van.  At 8:45 we load up and ride to the location chosen for that day.  We have gone as far as Cle Elum to the East, Olympia to the south, Bellingham to the north, and Kingston to the west.

Denny Creek
We hike for 2 hours.  I am the baby of the group at 65 years.  Our oldest member is 87.  These women inspire me.  I'm pretty bummed out right now since I'm having a lot of hip pain and can't join in until I do some physical therapy and feel better.  I have moderate arthritis and bone spurs in my right hip.  How the heck do we get bone spurs?  Guess I need to Google that.

This picture is at the Tacoma Waterfront.  I thought it was of the bicycle mounted way up on that piling, but I guess I picked the wrong one.  Scenery is the same, though.  I love walking along the waterfront, with the smell of the salt water and the sight of seals and dolphins.
If this weekend is any indication of what our weather is going to be like this year, we will have many wet hikes.  I do have rain gear, so I will be fine.
After the hike, we go to a nice restaurant for lunch.  It's a full day with a wonderful group of women.

No comments: