Wednesday, May 15, 2013

THE MAGIC OF LOPEZ

A month ago, Terry took me on a very romantic and magical trip to Lopez Island in the San Juan Islands.  His friend has a house there, and he graciously let us use it for the weekend.  The first day was the ferry ride, a brief ride around part of the island, and digging clams.
On Saturday, it was exploration time.
I was amazed to see this farmer plowing his fields with horses!  And believe me, the fields he had finished looked as good as any plowed with a tractor.  Take it from the farmer here.
 
 
 
Then we took a walk down this beautiful trail.

It took us to Spencer Spit.  Oh, would I love to take that enormous piece of driftwood home with me!

I love the beach and walking on logs.

 Then, we took this nice trail down to Watmaugh
 
Watmaugh Bay is one of the most serene places I have been.  We sat on the beach a good while, just enjoying the peace of it all, and sun in our faces.

And the bottom picture shows how clean and clear the water is.

I will have more to show you tomorrow.  I don't want to overload the system with pictures, but the best is yet to come.


2 comments:

Pat said...

What a pretty place....so serene and relaxing!

Jean(ie) said...

Oh my, that is gorgeous times eleventy! Hubby and I need to explore the islands more. We both fell in love with SanJuan island. I can't wait to see the best parts!