Thursday, January 31, 2013

She's Up and Running

Well, it has been a long while since I have posted here, but I'm back and ready to go.
First of all, I need to share with you a picture of my grandson, Cadel.  Yes, I am in love.
 
He's coming over for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate his Dad's birthday!!

 Now, here is a picture taken from my deck.  I now live in Seattle in a neighborhood called Ballard.  It is traditionally a fishing center.  Fisherman's terminal is right across the canal from here, and the Hiram Chittendom Locks are just two blocks away.  I can see the ships moving through the canal all day.  If you ever watch "The Deadliest Catch", you have visited this port and some of the local watering holes.
The very top of the space needle is visible at the top of the hill in the distance, and I was able to watch the fireworks display put on atop the needle on New Years Eve right from the comfort of my living room.
Whenever someone visits, we take a walk to the locks.  Here is an interesting little boat making it's entery into the first stage.
If you were wondering, yes, I love it here.  I feel so content.  Contentment is the word of the day.  I haven't felt like this in a long time.

I have been a vendor for the past two weeks at the Ballard Farmer's Market.  Above are a few of the scarves I have for sale there, and below are a few of the yarns.
I'm really enjoying the market here.  It's only 6 blocks from my apartment, and in a very upscale neighborhood.  So far, business has been good.  The first week, I sold 4 green hats to 4 red haired women.
Funny.
 
That's it for now.  I will be posting more regularly, now that I know how to retrieve my pictures from my Smart Phone.  The darn phone seems to be smarter than me.


7 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

I would be in love too, what a cutie.
So glad the market is working out foe you....have to say, It does make a difference being in an upscale neighborhood, I know from experience.

Jean(ie) said...

I know exactly where you are! You scored a great view...Yay you! There's a coffee shop adjacent to a quilt shop I visit near you. We'll have to arrange a meet up!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'm so happy that you are happy. Seems like there is lots of fun stuff nearby too - including your grandson - that is the best part.

Gene Black said...

Yaay, glad to see that you are back in business

Pat said...

I'm thrilled to hear you are so happy there. I've never been out that way and would love to see that area...maybe someday it will happen. I hear you had a surprise visitor at the market this weekend! :)

Barb said...

Your scarves are fabulous. Glad you are content where you live.

Anonymous said...

From Angela & Madi,
So great to see pics of your new neighborhood. Cadel is so sweet and so big!