Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back to Palm Springs?

It's April 14th, and this is what I woke up to this morning!!

I admit, last week while I was in Palm Springs, I laughed when I heard there had been snow in areas near home.  I was warm and enjoying the sun and pool and ambiance, so hahahahah.  Guess I got mine, huh?


This was what it looked like yesterday.  My friend is planting one of my pastures in flowers to sell at the Farmer's Market this summer.  She is using a method called No till, Low fill.  I think that is right.  It's a layering method, that some people call lasagna gardening.
We put the tent and table in the middle so we will have a nice little retreat this summer.  It is going to be so beautiful.



So, last week in Palm Springs, I only got these next two pictures because my battery died and I had forgotten to pack my charger.  Do I have the worst luck with cameras or what?  So anyhow, these two black swans visited us every morning with their 5 fluffy babies, as shown below.

I had a wonderful time there, staying with my brother and some wonderful ladies that really knew how to have fun.  I treated myself to two massages, an Essential Oil Wrap and time in the Eucalyptus Steam Room.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  I should have stayed another week!!

I'm spinning about 3-5 skeins a week now, with my new electric spinning wheel.  I could be doing more, but I'm just relaxing.

I've also been making yard art.  This sets on a pole in the garden.  We need the brightness until the sun finds it's way here.
The snow has stopped, but I think this will be a good day to stay inside and knit and spin.  Yeah.


4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I agree - no outdoor stuff today if it can be helped. Love the pictures of the swans.

Your yard art is great. Hope this weather warms up soon - but I've heard that our summer won't even get started until July 4.

fabriquefantastique said...

that field of flowers is going to be spectacular

Pat said...

UGH...snow in April...but I guess it won't stay on the ground long...should melt quickly. I love your yard art. I was surprised that the baby black swans are white...guess they don't get their color until they get older.

Gene Black said...

With -yuck- Snow, I would stay in too.