Saturday, October 12, 2013

What great Marketing and decor

 
 
Every Tuesday, I have an appointment with a Vision Therapist in Downtown Seattle.  I take the bus in, since my driving is still not safe, and parking down there is out of site.  I always pass this store, which I am so intrigued with.  I finally went inside and asked it I could take pictures.
 
 
I guess I will never go in here to buy clothes, since they are very high end.  But, the d├ęcor is fantastic.
They have covered all of the windows with shelves and shelves of vintage sewing machines.  It was difficult to get a good picture of the windows.

They have used old equipment from spinning mills and garment factories as their display tables and racks.


I love all of these old bobbins.
Here is a small window that didn't cause too much reflection.
And, the walls.

My last attempt at getting a picture from outside.  Have you ever heard of a Jones sewing maching?  Most of these are Singers, but quite a few Jones'.
The interior looks like a factory, so the feeling is very industrial, combined with the high end clothing.  Very stylish.  Love it.

6 comments:

9patchnurse said...

Isn't that wild? Apparently all of their stores are like that. I was visiting New York City and found one. How many thousands of sewing machines must be sitting in their stores?

Gene Black said...

Interesting. I am sure I would go in and look too.
I have never heard of a Jones machine. I wonder if they were industrial only makers.

andsewon said...

Poor old machines...;-( But reckon better off there than out rusting some where! I have seen pics of these before and also in another store some where else.

Jean(ie) said...

ooh, what a fascinating interior!

Melinda c said...

I agree, this is pretty cool decor. I have seen a Jones sewing machine before at a garage sale. I see you on Facebook a lot but I am trying to get used to visiting blogs again. Depression is still running my life but I am trying. Come by and catch up sometime!

NancyL said...

I would love to be there and explore!


buttonsandstitching.com