Sunday, May 31, 2020

I'M HOPING FOR A NEW BEGINNING








This is a hard one for me, because now I have to admit and be truthful about how sick I have been these past 10 years.
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis 6 years ago.  At that time, the doctors told me to see a Naturopath to "fine tune" my disease.  Well, I have been run around the block many, many times.  I even had one Thyroid "expert" tell me she just didn't know what to do with me.  With Hashimoto's came high blood pressure, high sugar levels, Fibromyalgia and a myriad of other problems I have almost forgotten about. So, I've been on a roller coaster ride ever since.  I'm at a severe low now, with barely enough energy to get me through the day.  I know some of this is related to the withdrawal I am going through, and hopefully those symptoms will end soon.  My body feels as if it is full of cement, and even walking is a challenge.
SO.
The other day a friend sent me a link to a webinar given by a Functional Medical Doctor.  I cried when I watched it.  This doctor tells his story, how his symptoms began and how they progressed.  It was my life, step by step.  I immediately arranged for a consultation with him and took two tests.
Only 20% of the people who contact him are accepted into his program.  It is based on need, which the tests showed I was in critical need of and the willingness of the patient to commit to following the program.  Well, why wouldn't I?  I have no where else to go.
I started the program on Thursday.  Tomorrow I will have a blood draw that will test lots and lots of factors, not usually tested by our traditional doctors.  The results of this test will enable him to produce supplements that are for me alone.
This is a 5 month program.  The diet is the Gut Autoimmune Protocol.  No coffee, no booze, no dairy, grains, etc. etc. etc.
Only 4 days and I have lost 10.5 pounds.
I will not be writing about this on a daily basis, but when I have something to share, I will.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Good luck with the new regimen, Linda! xo