Wednesday, May 20, 2020

TREASURE HUNT TUESDAY

I know, I know it is Wednesday.  And how do I know that?  Because, thank goodness, it tells me so on the upper corner of my computer.  Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.
So, Treasure Hunt Tuesday was coined by a former neighbor of mine from Nooksack.  The local thrift store, Second Chance, opens it's doors on Tuesdays after decorating the store on Mondays.
Well, they used to.  Many of us have made Tuesday mornings a social event.  I'm always looking for this and that and doo dahs, but the best is seeing friends and getting hugs.  Hugs need to last for 20 seconds to be effective in love, relieving stress, and well-being.  I always came away refreshed and feeling loved.
Here are a few of the doo dahs I have acquired there and am awaiting the inspiration to incorporate them into something awesome.  Sometimes I have these things around for years before the spirit moves me.


So, here I sit, eating my favorite breakfast:  2 poached duck eggs on a bed of sautéed vegetables.

And, of course, coffee in my Cougar Cup.
Planning my busy day ahead, ahem.

Yesterday I went to my friend's place to see her garden.  It is so gorgeous.  I like to joke about visiting my garden there, because I gave her so many of my perennials when I left the farm.  She also has about a 1/2 acre garden for flowers and veges.  She gave me this flat of starts that she didn't need.  My Sweet Peas are doing well, but I don't have as many as I would like and it is too late to start them by seed.

So, today I will plant these.  Yesterday I planted zucchini and spaghetti squash and will train them to climb on my bed springs.  I'm only allowed pot gardens since I rent.  My back deck is prime territory, and I will share more of it later.
Listening to Dixie Chicks on Pandora this morning.
Keep singing and dancing.  Good for the soul.

1 comment:

Kris Fullner said...

TY Miss Linda...I too miss our Hugs...will look forward when they open again when ever Phase 2 happens...<3..K&M