Tuesday, May 12, 2020

WELLNESS DURING THE CORONA VIRUS.

On March 18, 2020, I started a journal, keeping track of my emotions and needs during home lockdown.  I reviewed it today, and it is so depressing.  So, I have decided to re-activate my blog and keep track of my "happenings" here.
I began my self imposed "lock down" on March 2, earlier than most.  I can still see the expression on a friend's face when I told her she could not come in my house.  It was a sad day, and remains so.
She will drop by occasionally and we will converse through my kitchen window.  With the nicer weather, we have found that visiting outdoors, practicing social distancing, is a great solution to the "lonelies".

 
This is my favorite magazine.  It is the work of an organic farmer from the Moscow, Idaho area.  Since I recently embraced a plant based diet, this magazine is very helpful withe wonderful recipes and gardening ideas.  This issue, under the Health and Wellness News, contains an article on how social connections enhance physical health.  To quote:  "Social relationships are adaptive and crucial for survival".  We must find ways to interact, whether it be in person, a cow's length away from  one another, phone calls to loved ones, and facetime on the phone.  That reminds me I must facetime my Grandson and his dog.
Have a wonderful day and be possitive.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi Linda, it’s good to see you blogging again! I would ask how you’ve been, but in looking back at your blog, I see that back in 2017 you were having issues with parasites. Hopefully that’s been sorted out and taken care of once and for all. Whatever happened with you and Terry? Did that not work out? Bruce had his arm amputated last month (tissue sarcomas). We’ve been battling it for a decade and knew this would eventually happen. He’s been sleeping in the living room recliner for years because of the arm circulation issues. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to walk by or wake him up and if he doesn’t stir immediately, I think of you and Alan. xo. Isn’t it curious the things that make an impression on us? Anyway, I’m going to add your blog back into my feed so we can keep in touch. One of these years we are going to meet up! Hugs to you...