Thursday, May 21, 2020

KARMA KISSES



Yesterday, I was browsing through the local Buy/Sell/Trade sites and found these:


Oh, my, the things I could do with these!  So,I contacted the seller and headed out on a trip to Ferndale.  I haven't been over that way since I moved back here, so the memories were coming fast and furious.  I had so many Alpaca friends in this area, and visited them all for various alpaca activities, often.  They, like myself, have moved on.  
Then I thought of my friend Lori who used to have the most wonderful, crafty shop in Ferndale where I sold many of my items.  The City of Ferndale, in upgrading their streets, cut off her place of business and left no parking on the street, thus no access to the store. 
So, reminiscing about so many things, I found the home of the seller.  She was working at organizing her garage, and when she turned around to greet me, we both started screaming hugs.  It was my friend Lori.  So hard not to reach out and hug.  I remained in my car and we talked for some time.  
This lifted my spirits more than anything I could have imagined.
Then, when I returned home, this was waiting for me.



This was made by my "old" college friend, Chayo.  Her business is Chayo's Ceramics in Portland, Oregon.  We lived in neighboring dorm rooms our Freshman year at Pacific Lutheran University.  Neither of us were happy with the opportunities offered there, so both of us transferred to Washington State University where she graduated in Art and I in Clothing and Textiles.  I have not seen her since my wedding in 1972!!!!  I'm so glad I persisted in my search for her.  At least she does not have a common name and Facebook did the job for me.  I love her work, and have wanted something for some time.  Then I thought to myself, why not?  What are you waiting for?  So this little tumbler is perfect for my morning cuppa Joe.

So, it is Thursday.  Be thankful for what you have.  Keep thinking and growing.  Tell all your friends and family how much you love them.  And keep on Trukin'.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

What a lovely coincidence to run into Lori! I’m so thrilled that it made your day. We all need that human connection, and running into an old friend is priceless.. But now the question is, what are you going to do with those springs??