Tuesday, June 16, 2020

ONE POT, TWO POT, ORANGE POT, BLACK POT

It's been a busy week for me, despite the lousy weather and lack of energy on my part.
I got creative and started dying more of the alpaca fleeces I have accumulated in my garage.
I am totally out of white, so I need to be  creative in choosing colors to dye over the browns and grays.
I also had some yarn that was too white for me, so I used my designated electric fry pan to dye that a luscious raspberry.


My first attempt in the orange pot was for a peach color.  It looked like sewage, so I changed it to turquoise.




I can't dye too much at a time because I only have 4 drying racks, and with this cold weather, it takes several days to dry.


Once these are dry, I will add them to the boxes and boxes of clean/dyed fiber I have waiting to card.  I love blending the colors.

Meanwhile, I am busy experimenting with new foods on the HHA program.  I made chicken bone broth in my instapot yesterday.  I have to drink at least one cup a day.  I made beef bone broth last week, but I don't like the flavor as well.
Last night I made FAT BOMBS.  Oh, my gosh, what a wonderful treat.
But, you can't eat just one.

I've been organizing and cleaning out my garage.  That seems to be a never ending chore, but I am making progress.  The local thrift store has opened, so I took a car load to them today and I feel such relief.  Now I have room in my car for more donations.  

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I hope all your activity means you’re feeling better these days. What’s a fat bomb? (And why do fats taste so good, LOL?) I should probably check on our thrift stores to see if they’re open yet. I’ve got quite a collection of donation stuff from the last three months of quarantine cleaning!